Illegal Firearms and Drugs Seized
Chino PD Special Enforcement Team (SET) investigators successfully executed a search warrant at a residence in the 1800 block of East Grovecenter St. in the city of West Covina.
After a month long investigation into a drug trafficking ring, SET investigators identified Edwin Reyes, DOB 4-5-72, age 44 of West Covina, as a methamphetamine distributor in Chino and surrounding areas.
On Thursday, March 2 at 5:36 p.m., SET Investigators served a search warrant at Reyes’ residence and discovered several assault rifles, a stolen motorcycle, and methamphetamine. Investigators also located a weapons manufacturing and stash house, credit card embosser and one pound of methamphetamine. A total of 14 complete firearms, bulk ammunition, scopes, high capacity magazines and suppressors were among the items seized.
Reyes was arrested and booked at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles on the following charges:
- VIN (vehicle identification number) tampering
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Felon in possession of a ammo
- Possession of a large capacity magazine
- Possession of an unmarked gun
- Possession of a silencer
- Possession of an assault weapon
- Manufacturing an assault weapon
- Child endangerment
- Possession for sales (drug)
- Counterfeiting credit cards
Please contact Sergeant Marotta if you have any information or inquiries related to the investigation: 909.334.3105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supplemental: Photo of seized items