The City of Chino takes pride in providing outstanding environmental services to its community through:
- Waste reduction and recycling programs
- Water reclamation, conservation and pre-treatment
- Water use efficiency
- Stormwater non-point and point-source pollution prevention methods
- Green building
- Green procurement, and much more
In January 2008, the Green Team was formed, which consists of inter-departmental City staff. Members of the Green Team began meeting in order to take a more systematic approach to address the City's efforts to combat global warming:
- Program Brand: Chino-Where Everything Grows a Little Greener!
- Program Message: Educate, Conserve, Recycle, Go Green!
For more information pertaining to green projects/programs, please call 909-334-3472.
Assembly Bill 32, The California Global Warming Solutions Act, was signed into law, committing California to address global warming by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the state by the year 2020.
The City of Chino is doing its part in the fight against global warming. Through the Clean Transportation Funding from the MSRC, the Public Works Services Center purchased a new Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) street sweeper and replaced the engine in its sewer truck with a California Air Resources Board (CARB) certified engine. For more information, please call 909-464-0758.