File a Police Report Online

Online Reporting

Welcome to the Chino Police Department's Online Reporting service. This service allows you to submit police reports for certain types of non-emergency incidents at your convenience. If this is an emergency or a crime in progress, please call 911.

Is Online Reporting Right for You?

The incident that you wish to report must meet all the following criteria to be reported online:

  • The incident is not an emergency
  • The incident occurred within the City of Chino
  • No one was injured as a result of this incident
  • There are no known suspects or physical evidence (e.g. gloves, pry tools, etc.)
  • The incident did not occur on a state highway or freeway
  • If reporting a theft, the incident does not involve the theft of a vehicle, license plate or firearm
  • The reporting party must be at least 18 years old and must have internet access and an active email address

To file a police report: click here

For anonymous crime tips, please contact WeTip. Should you have additional questions about the Chino Police Department's online reporting service, please review the Frequently Asked Questions.

  1. Types of Crime Reports That Can Be Filed Online
  2. After Filing Your Report
  3. Frequently Asked Questions
  • Lost Property: Personal property that is missing and can no longer be found. Note: Property taken without your permission should be reported as a "THEFT".
  • Theft: Property stolen from your yard, driveway and/or porch, or from common shared areas in apartment complexes such as garages and laundry rooms. This does not include someone physically taking something from your person.
  • ID Theft: Someone opens accounts (e.g. credit card; utility; auto leases; etc.) using your personal identifying information (e.g. SSN; driver's license; etc.).
  • Vandalism: The act of changing, modifying or defacing public or private property. For example, knocking over a mailbox, spray painting a wall, or throwing a rock through a window.
  • Vehicle Burglary: Theft of property from a motor vehicle using forced entry. Theft of property from an unlocked vehicle should be reported as a "THEFT".
  • Vehicle Tampering: Tampering with a motor vehicle (e.g. keying; broken windows; or attempts to removed parts from the vehicle).

Please note: Filing a false police report is a crime (CA Penal Code Section 148.5).