How can I be sure to receive the records that I want?

The Chino Police Department prefers that all Public Records Act (PRA) requests are made in writing, either using our Online Request Form or by completing and returning our Report Request Form (Report Request Form (English) (PDF)/Report Request Form (Spanish) (PDF)) to help ensure that we can accurately identify the records being sought in the request. Please include the following information in your request, so that we may respond to your request in a timely manner:

  • Provide a clear and specific description of the requested information. Identify dates and times, report numbers, the names of persons involved and other specific information. The police department may ask you for additional information if the request is not specific enough to permit identification of the records you seek.
  • Provide contact information so that our staff can obtain clarifying information if needed to ensure a prompt and accurate response to your request.

Show All Answers

1. How can I be sure to receive the records that I want?
2. Can I access any record held by the Police Department?
3. Do I need to show identification to make a public records request from the Police Department?
4. How soon will I receive a response to my request from the Police Department?
5. What if I was arrested?
6. What if a report involved a juvenile (under 18 years of age)?
7. When may I inspect public records at the Police Department?
8. May I obtain records in electronic format?
9. What are the fees to inspect records and for copies of records that I request?